Friday, October 7, 2011

WHY LOSING JUST SUCKS


There is nothing that can be said to console me today. Our Yankees fell short of #28 and, right now, there is no "silver lining" for me. Casey summed up the game perfectly and I feel reflected the feelings of most Yankee fans in his piece, THE DAY THE LAUGHTER DIED. One of the points Casey made was that the Yankees beat themselves and I couldn't agree more. So after two cups of coffee this morning and taking a few deep breaths, I wanted to rant just a little about this nightmare of an ALDS...

Who would have thought that the only pitcher that would hurt us in relief last night would be CC Sabathia? I know we didn't hit but that third run CC gave up just killed us. When Jackson scored I was just scratching my head. What happened to CC? When did he become an average starter because for the last two months that is exactly what he has been. Is it the weight? Is there some hidden injury? Did the six man rotation throw him off? I don't know what's up with him but unfortunately the Yankees played down the stretch and headed into the playoffs with an"ace" who didn't pitch like an "ace". If CC does get resigned/extended by the Yankees, which I suspect he will, I hope he comes into Spring Training with a new fire in his eyes.

The other player Casey mentioned in his piece was Nick Swisher. Look, I'm so angry about last night's game that I don't want to blog something I will regret in a few weeks so before I wrote this next part I actually stepped away from my computer, took some more deep breaths, and counted to 10...Nick, you have been a fun Yankee. We know you love wearing the pinstripes and we loved having you represent the Yankees but bro, it's over. The Yankees are not about 162 regular season games, we are about post season and post season ONLY and you have not done the job. You have now had 100 AB's in the postseason with the Yankees and only have 16 hits with 5 RBI; that's a .160 AVG. But here is the number that really hurts the most: Nick Swisher has 1 hit with Runners In Scoring Position(RISP) in 31 postseason AB's with the New York Yankees. One! That's just not going to cut it.

ARod, ARod, ARod. What can you say fellow fans? Is he playing hurt, maybe. But I really think there is more to it. When ARod struck out to end the season last year against the Rangers I remember thinking, okay, it could happen. I mean it sucked but it never crossed my mind that we may be looking at an aging ARod. But you know what? After this ALDS and the way he struck out three times last night, I am now seeing the writing on the wall. Arod is declining, and, there is nothing we can do about it. ARod said many things last night at his locker after the game and one of the things he said was that he would "come back next year with a vengeance". Now does that mean 50 HR's and 140 RBI during the regular season? Or does "come back next year with a vengeance" mean he will step it up and lead us through the 2012 postseason? I guess we will have to wait...

And here is my last rant. We all know that this may have been the last time we see Jorge Posada in pinstripes. Last night while he was being interviewed in the locker room Jorge got very choked up and began to cry when he was asked if this is it for him as a Yankee. So for all you Jorge haters who thought he did not care about his team or being a Yankee after that whole "Posada-gate" I hope you took notice! Jorge BLEEDS YANKEE BLUE and always will! We love you Jorge Posada and want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a GREAT Yankee!!!


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23


Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment